GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The sales professional is responsible for selling venue rentals, or other hospitality-related sales to market, sell, and manage event rentals at CCD—owned and managed parks such as Sister Cities Park, Collins Park, and Dilworth Park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates leads and converts prospects into clients;
- Coordinate event details with client;
- Coordinates protocols and systems for ensuring a successful events program;
- Works with the Logistics team for onsite coordination at the parks during event rentals including social events, community access program, brand activations and private and public events;
- Coordinates with exclusive caterers as necessary;
- Partner with other sales entities including referral partners to secure additional business for CCD;
- Coordinate with CCD operational staff to make sure venues are prepared and staffed for functions;
- Manages time well and maintains accurate records;
- Manage communication of all events to external CCD staff;
- Work with Vice President of Business Services to set financial goals for event rentals annually;
- Work with Vice President of Marketing and Sr. Creative Director to create sales collateral and marketing plan for event rentals;
- Work with PCVB to network for upcoming convention rentals;
- Network with the business community to prospect for corporate rentals;
- Coordinates with Finance department for billing and collections of rentals;
- Meets and/or exceeds annual sales goals;
- Gives excellent customer service;
- Ensure prompt response to customer inquires;
- Follow up with client after each event;
- Make at least 25 cold call per week;
- Present event proposals at weekly staff events meeting;
- Submit monthly reports on cold calls and appointments;
- Create a referral program and company branded materials to capture reception business in all CCD parks.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-5 years in sales of venues; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Hospitality experience, preferred;
- Knowledge of Marketing and Brand Activations preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to cold call prospects;
- Communication skills with the ability to work effectively with caterers and clients;
- Cooperative, team player attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to develop sales proposals and quotes;
- Ability to sell across market segments to social events, wedding, corporate clients, general consumers, and non-profits;
- Ability to conceptualize a design for an event that will meet the client’s vision and budget while best utilizing our services and product;
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Working knowledge of table and linen sizes as well as commonly used event terminology;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, mainly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Salesforce experience preferred;
- Working knowledge or ability to learn database software;
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed;
- Be detailed-oriented.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Event Planning Certification a plus.
- The position requires that the employee have the ability to sit, stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, a reference check and a drug screening.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.