GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position will be responsible for the overall strategy and implementation of the Center City District’s technology and data management and communication needs including: strategic planning for database operations, integration and upgrades for both hardware and software, as well as website interactivity and integration; data integrity and security; systems integration with phones, smart phones, copying equipment, etc.; software suites, licenses, technology upgrades and maintenance; organization policies and procedures for technology and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all information technology systems within the office and at CCD managed and/or owned parks.
- Oversee the strategic direction and implementation of a seamless and integrated system of technology, hardware and software to ensure efficient operations within the organization.
- Prepare and develop disaster recovery plans.
- Identify advances in technology and software applications to advance operations at the Center City District and work with other staff members as necessary for planning, budgeting and implementation strategies. Project future needs of departments and recommend/oversee implementation plans.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of systems, software and current trends in IT and make informed and reasoned recommendations for implementation and/or upgrades.
- Ensure all systems are protected and secure from unwanted/unauthorized access, computer viruses, cyber attacks, hacking and data mining and similar criminal actions.
- Database management, use and upgrade.
- Web management.
- Ensure systems are up and running 24/7.
- Ensure the local office networks and systems are backed-up or otherwise protected based on current industry standards.
- In cooperation with the Vice President of Finance and Administration, prepare annual technology budgets for Board approval. Work with staff to ascertain their needs, research options relating to hardware and software and provide detailed recommendations and justifications for budgeting purposes.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Provide computer technical support to staff on a daily basis, including, among other things training of staff on a regular basis in the more effective use of programs and systems, the consistency of program use across the organization, and recommending new software if existing systems are inadequate to the task.
- Ensure that all new staff are provided the appropriate technological tools to complete their jobs efficiently and effectively. Create protocols for and continue to maintain new email accounts, including phone extensions and e-mail listings.
- Work with the City of Philadelphia’s Mayor’s Office of Information Services (MOIS), and/or other City agencies to establish and maintain computer linkages if necessary and/or otherwise required pursuant to various agreements with the City.
- Maintain and continually update CCD’s database needs. Review and analyze staff needs and research and make recommendations for technology systems and/or improvements to accomplish the goals of the organization in an efficient manner.
- Ensure efficient maintenance of hardware and software systems within the office, including computer, reproduction, telephone, and phone and IT systems and services.
- Manage and maintain service agreements and software licenses relating to technology and communications systems and services, as well as software programs, suites and products.
- Manage and oversee the installation of new computer equipment and software as needed and in a timely manner.
- Work with IT staff to troubleshoot networking issues as they relate to email and Internet access.
- Maintain data storage library and protocols for retrieval and restoration of files and documents.
These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
This position will supervise the Information Technology Manager and coordinate with website management staff, as well as work collaboratively with all staff and will take the lead with all technology related issues in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The following are indicative of the education and experience required of the Information Technology Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated experience. Advanced computer sciences degree a plus.
- Proficiency with Macintosh and PCs.
- Proficiency with databases and software including: Filemaker Pro, Quark Express, Adobe Products (Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat), Salesforce, Microsoft products among other applications.
- 5 or more years of applicable work experience with demonstrated IT management experience.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history, child abuse clearance, drug screening, and reference check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of the Center City District information technology backbone and provide excellent customer service to Center City District personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to translate technological terms into everyday English
- Ability to provide direction and work cooperatively to ensure the organization operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Ability to research and educate the organization on Information Technology trends and to make informed, supported recommendations for changes.
- Ability to efficiently respond to requests of senior staff members, make well supported recommendations and quickly follow through on decisions and implementations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Relevant Information Technology Designations are highly desirable.
In order to perform the duties of the position, the ability to sit, use fingers and hands, clearly speak and understand English are important. The ability to lift and transport computer equipment (monitors and CPUs) is essential.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.