GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Under direction of the Senior Manager of Event Logistics and Public Spaces, the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager assists with planning, organizing, and supervising the maintenance of CCD Parks and related grounds and facilities and streetscapes. This position will also assist with coordinating and supervising the activities of the CCD field personnel, help ensure the proper use and maintenance of equipment and infrastructure, in accordance with in-house protocols and applicable rules and laws, and assist the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces with the management overall operations within the Parks and Public Spaces Group. The Infrastructure Maintenance Manager will also assist, as needed the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces with the preparation of annual budgets, purchasing, and management of onsite contractors. The Infrastructure Maintenance Manager may act for the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces in the latter’s absence or as required by events and as a third back up behind the Events Engineer.
This is primarily a field position requiring regular weekend work with a work schedule that is flexible with evening and weekend work required. Work hours may vary based on seasonal needs, primary work schedule will be Tuesday to Saturday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist other full-time and part-time maintenance staff and helps assign and direct work;
- Monitors daily, weekly and seasonal work schedules and ensure staff is reporting to work on time and per the schedules;
- Under direction of the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces ensures compliance with safe working practices and assist with on-site safety inspections;
- Provides assistance to the V.P. of Parks and Public Spaces and Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces in the preparation and management of park budgets;
- Notifies Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces of any concerns or problem areas provide suggestions for parks personnel allocation and resource needs to maintain park grounds and facilities;
- Implements with the assistance of Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces necessary and budgeted repairs;
- Under management of Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces administer maintenance contracts;
- Be familiar with daily reporting and activities;
- Works with the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces to coordinate assigned tasks with other workgroups and contractors;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, studying appropriate technical publications and participating, if necessary in trade and/or technical organizations;
- Performs related work as required and assigned by the Senior Manager of Event Logistics and Public Spaces;
- The Infrastructure Maintenance Manager may act for the Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces in the latter’s absence or as required by events and as a third backup behind the Events Engineer;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuant to the direction of the VP of Parks & Public Spaces and/or Senior Manager of Event Logistics & Public Spaces the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager has supervisory responsibility to manage Parks and Public Spaces personnel assigned within the CCD Parks and Streetscape Operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years of direct employment in building maintenance, park administration, natural resources or a related field;
- One (1) to three (3) years of increasingly responsible paid experience in maintenance, with general knowledge in landscaping, grounds keeping or a related field, or some acceptable combination of education and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities required of the position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proper maintenance practices related to parks and facilities including, irrigation, identifications of pests and knowledge of control;
- Methods, materials, equipment and practices used in the maintenance, repair and construction of parks and related facilities;
- Basic mechanical, carpentry, plumbing and electrical;
- Operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and tools used for grounds and parks maintenance activities;
- Manual and automatic irrigation system installation, operation and repair;
- Safe work practices, safety codes and applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA;
- Direct, evaluate and report on the overall operations of the parks and facilities.
- Supervise, organize and review the work of facility and streetscape maintenance staff;
- Basic understanding of schematic drawings;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, other workgroups, and outside agencies;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to quickly resolve disputes;
- Operate a personal computer using standard word processing and spreadsheet software;
- The ability to operate vehicle with trailer, scissors lift, articulating lifts, electric pallet jack, and forklift (desirable).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Possession a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record. Must pass a criminal background investigation, including child abuse clearance and reference check.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift 10 to 50 pounds.
Forward Resumes To:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO employer. No phone calls please.